Pizza on the Grill
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. dry yeast
3 cups unbleached flour
2 tsp. sea salt
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
2-3 tbsp. fresh herbs, chopped (optional)
1. Dissolve the sugar in the 1/2 cup of water, sprinkle the yeast over top of the water and stir once. Let the yeast proof for about 5 minutes, or until it begins to bubble.
2. Place the flour, salt, proofed yeast and oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse the machine a few times, add the remaining 3/4 cup of water and let the machine run until it forms a ball at the side of the bowl. Remove the dough and place it on a floured surface, knead for about 2 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover. Let it rest for 1 hour, or until doubled.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, cut into 4 even pieces, roll out to about 1/4 inch thick top with a thin layer of tomato sauce and then all the toppings of choice.
5. If you like a thick crust pizza, let it rise for about 20 minutes before cooking. If you prefer a thin crust pizza, cook right away.
1. Turn the heat to high, let the BBQ heat until it reads 500 degrees.
2. Place the pizza on the BBQ, close the lid and let it cook for about 10 - 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the dough.
1. Place the dough in an oiled cookie sheet, using your hands, spread the dough evenly to the edges of the pan. Lightly brush with tomato sauce, then add the toppings of choice. Bake at 500 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
sliced fresh mushrooms
sun dried tomatoes
roasted garlic cloves
sliced sweet onion
pitted kalamata olives
jarred pesto sauce
Gorgonzola or Stilton cheese
Brie or Camembert
Mozzarella or Jack
shredded cooked chicken
pancetta or prosciutto
Above all, use your imagination!!!!!!