Garlic, Herb and Mustard Crusted Lamb Chops
Grilling is a big part of summer eating and entertaining. Working with herbs and spices always introduces a new level of interest to whatever you choose to grill or roast. Be it poultry, lamb, beef, fish or even veggies, try blending a mixture of spices always a sure way to jolt your taste buds out of boredom.
6 lamb chops or 2 pounds lamb striploin
2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. freshly ground Tellicherry pepper
Fleur de Sel, to finish
1. Trim the lamb of any visible fat. Set aside.
2. Place all the chopped herbs in a small mixing bowl, add the mustard, garlic, oil and pepper.
3. Stir to mix. Spread the mustard/herb mixture evenly over both sides of the lamb. This step can be done 3-4 hours before serving time.
4. Heat your grill to high, place the lamb on the hot rack and cook for about 4 minutes each side for rare. Turn only once, continual flipping causes the lamb to become tough and dry.
5. Serve immediately off the grill with veggies, risotto or garlic mashed potatoes.